Coronavirus (or Covid-19) Update
The Coronavirus & Keystone Moving and Junk Removal, LLC
As you know, governments and institutions around the world have been responding to the threats posed by coronavirus (COVID-19). We at Keystone Moving and Junk Removal, LLC are committed to the safety of our customers and employees. We are closely monitoring the situation and are taking necessary action to protect our community, customers and employees. We want to stress that we are acting out of an abundance of caution. According to the World Health Organization (WHO) the COVID-19 infection is generally mild, especially for children and young adults. About 1 in every 5 people who catch it will need hospital care.
What We Can Do
We can channel our concerns into actions to protect ourselves, our loved ones, and our communities. First and foremost, everyone is encouraged to wash their hands regularly and thoroughly. Practicing good respiratory hygiene is equally important to prevent the spread of the disease. Limiting exposure to large crowds and avoiding physical contact will also help protect yourself.
Important Message to Employees & Contractors
We are actively educating our employees on the spread, treatment, and symptoms of COVID-19 as advised by the Pennsylvania Department of Health (DOH). Employees with symptoms resembling the common cold or seasonal flu are to stay home and will not be allowed to enter the building if they display any symptoms of respiratory illness. Employees should not report to work if anyone in their immediate family is displaying symptoms of respiratory illness.
We encourage any employee who is experiencing symptoms, or who has an immediate family member experiencing symptoms – however mild – to immediately report to a healthcare facility for testing. Symptoms may include fever, tiredness, dry cough, aches and pains, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat, or diarrhea.
Keystone Moving and Junk Removal, LLC will not penalize employees or contractors that are acting in the best interest of their co-workers, our customers, and our community. Safety is our priority.
How COVID-19 Spreads
People can catch COVID-19 from others who have the virus. The disease can spread from person to person through small droplets from the nose or mouth which are spread when a person with COVID-19 coughs or exhales. These droplets land on objects and surfaces around the person. Other people then catch COVID-19 by touching these objects or surfaces, then touching their eyes, nose or mouth.
The main way the disease spreads is through respiratory droplets expelled by someone who is coughing. The risk of catching COVID-19 from someone with no symptoms at all is very low.
Preventative Actions in the Office
- We are cleaning and disinfecting workplaces within the office regularly. These include surfaces, such as desks and tables; and objects, such as telephones and keyboards.
- We are promoting through hand washing by employees, contractors, and other visitors to our office.
- We have posted signage around the office expressing the facts about COVID-19 and encourage employees, contractors, and visitors to educate themselves on the risks.
- We are promoting good respiratory hygiene in the workplace.
Preventative Actions in the Field
- Any employee who is driving is asked to wash/sanitize his or her hands frequently while on the road, including after stopping for gas or supplies and before entering a shipper’s residence.
- Employees and contractors are strongly encouraged to clean and sanitize the vehicles and equipment that they are using before and after use.
- Employees and contractors are asked to wash their hands frequently and avoid hand shaking and personal contact, whenever possible.
- Employees and contractors should not come to work if they or an immediate family member are experiencing
Is there anything I should not do?
The following measures ARE NOT effective against COVID-2019 and can be harmful:
- Wearing multiple masks
- Taking antibiotics – Antibiotics do not work against viruses, they only work on bacterial infections. COVID-19 is caused by a virus, so antibiotics do not work.
In any case, if you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing seek medical care early to reduce the risk of developing a more severe infection and be sure to share your recent travel history with your healthcare provider.
We offer a wide variety of moving services in Mechanicsburg, PA. As a full-service moving company, you can trust that our experienced movers will come to your house to pack all of your items securely, load them onto our moving truck, and safely unload them at your new location.
Areas We Serve
- Mechanicsburg, PA
- Harrisburg, PA
- Camp Hill, PA
- All of Central, PA & Surrounding Areas
- Now serving all 50 states!
Phone: (717) 712-5094
Address: 401 E Louther St Carlisle, PA 17013
Mon - Fri: 8am - 5pm
Sat: 8am - 3pm